Hi there! We’re thrilled that you’d like to contribute to Hacktoberfest. Your help is essential for keeping it great.
Opening an issue
Thank you for taking the time to open an issue, your feedback helps make Hacktoberfest better. Before opening an issue, please be sure that your issue hasn’t already been asked by using GitHub search
Here are a few things that will help us help resolve your issues:
- A descriptive title that gives an idea of what your issue refers to
- A thorough description of the issue, (one word descriptions are very hard to understand)
- Screenshots (if appropriate)
- Links (if appropriate)
Submitting a pull request
- Clone the repository
- Configure and install the dependencies: (See the README for more details)
- Make sure the tests pass on your machine:
- Create a new branch:
git checkout -b my-branch-name
- Make your change, add tests, and make sure the tests still pass
- Push to your branch and submit a pull request
- Wait for your pull request to be reviewed and merged!
Here are a few things you can do that will increase the likelihood of your pull request being accepted:
- Follow the style guide.
- Write tests.
- Keep your change as focused as possible. If there are multiple changes you would like to make that are not dependent upon each other, consider submitting them as separate pull requests.
- Write a good commit message.